2.13.2010

fall favorites

As of right now, my two favorite collections for Fall 2010 are for sure Helmut Lang + Rag and Bone.

Nicole and Michael Colovos, the designers behind Helmut Lang, 
focused on the concept of urban expansion and particularly, 
the work of Santiago Calatrava, when creating their fall 2010 collection. 
My favorite aspects of this collection have got to be the gorgeous shearling rabbit-fur coats + vest 
and the super snug denim. 
I can easily see myself wearing all of the pieces from this collection.
Each look seems so effortlessly put together while impeccably mixing organic draping
with architectural tailoring. 




Rag + Bone's Marcus Wainwright and David Neville are already having a great year to date.
Not only is their Fall 2010 collection the first women's-only show 
to be displayed under the tents at Bryant Park, 
but it is also receiving major hype for its strong look and loads of classic layers.
The duo designed looks that are ideal for fall.
Each ensemble that strutted down the runway consisted of layers upon layers
of lavish jackets, vests, scarves, and sweaters, 
all of which inspired by "'crazy English guys who climbed Mount Everest 
in the twenties in tweed'".



Well I'm pretty exhausted from my long day in NY yesterday + working all day today.
I'll hopefully get around to posting my pictures from the Cynthia Steffe show 
and the Project Runway finale fashion show sometime within the next few days...
Hope you all receive lots of lovin' on Valentine's Day tomorrow!
xoxo
Paige


www.style.com


No comments:

Post a Comment